Jack Wyatt Monroe served as Mayor of Lawson 1972 – 1974
He was born April 28, 1920 in Muskogee, Oklahoma, the son of Thomas and Juanita (Wyatt) Monroe. On June 4, 1939 he and Helen Richards were married.
Jack owned the Monroe Pharmacies in Lawson and Excelsior Springs and Braymer Prescription and Drug in Braymer. He practiced pharmacy for 42 years before he retired in 1982. He served on the Lawson School Board for 12 years, chairman of the building committee at the Smithview Manor nursing home, chairman of the Lawson Centennial Committee, and was a co-founder of Little League baseball in Lawson.
He served in the Army Air Force during WWII and retired from the Air Force Reserves as a major.
On July 11, 1990 he died in Lawson and was buried in Lawson Cemetery.