Thomas Dudley Williamson served as Mayor of Lawson 1955 – 1960.
He was born in Mayview, Missouri, the son of Thomas D. and Minnie Williamson. His wife was Helen (Risley) Williamson.
During his tenure as mayor he helped obtain the Lawson Army Nike missile base and a municipal water system. As head of the town which grew from 474 population in 1950 to 773 in 1960, he guided the civic activities needed to meet the growth caused by the missile base and the new population brought by an improved Highway 69 to Kansas City. He had the idea of formulating the Lawson Development Company which set out to build 17 homes for the missile base top personnel.
At the time of his unexpected death on July 10, 1960, he was president of the Ray County Library Board and Lawson Bank in addition to being in his third term as mayor. He was buried in Mount Moriah Cemetery in Kansas City.